All the Hendy boys
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Pumpkin carving
Yup, we hack
ed into those beautiful orange orbs tonight. It was pretty fun. We spread
newspaper all over the livingroom floor, got out our crayons and some sharp knives and big spoons and
started cutting away. As always, Steve came up with a pretty cool design for his very cool pumpkin, one we grew in our own back yard. It actually grew over a rock so it had this freakishly squashed (pun completely intended) look to it . . . and he utilized that in his carving design. I did a silly pumpkin face, as I always do. And for the second year in a row, Wesley designed a face for his little pumpkin. Steve had a little trouble carving such a tight, detailed drawing, but I think the finished product speaks for itself. As for our littlest carver, well, he had fun playing with "the guts"and jumping on the couches, but didn't have much interest in the actual carving process itself.
Oh well, there is
always next year. Enjoy
our
creations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment