I remember as a kid raking giant leaf piles with my dad in the front yard, then spending hours running and jumping in them. By the end of the day, I was sweaty, scratchy (from all the leaf pieces down my shirt), tired, and super happy. It is such a powerful memory, triggered by the crisp coolness of autumn air, the crunch & aroma of the falling leaves. Unfortunately we don't have the same types of trees in our backyard. We still get leaves on one side of the yard, but we don't typically rake (that is the advantage of having a husband with a landscaping business - he just picks them up with his mower.) However even if we don't spend the same amount of time raking as I did as a child, we still make sure that we rake up at least one big pile for jumping each fall. The day we made it out to the backyard this year was a perfect leaf jumping day and it just happened to be the same day that Gramma/Nema and Grampa Georgie arrived from Pittsburgh. Grampa Georgie got right into a leaf fight with Preston and everyone was erupting in giggles. I just love the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment