Even More Apples

We've been doing really well with all the apples we picked with Yaya and Papa 2 weeks ago. I've made many apple crisps and the boys eat 2 - 3 apples a day (so the 21 pounds really isn't as much as I originally thought.) Luckily, we had the opportunity to add another 5 pounds to our apple total when Wesley's school went on their annual field trip to Mainely Apples in Dixmont. It was mere coincidence that I had signed up to bring snack today, so Wesley got to be snack leader while we were at the orchard. In honor of the apple field trip, Wesley and I made organic apple and c
innamon muffins
. They were so delicious (it was hard not to eat them all when they were done baking.) We carpooled with Wesley's friend, Emmit, his little sister, Althea, and their mom, Kristy (playgroup friends for 3 1/2 years) which made for a really nice ride to and from the orchard. Unfortunately there were quite a few clouds in the sky an
d w
hen they were covering the sun, it was downright chilly. But when the sun did break through the clouds, more toward the end of our trip, it was beautiful and really highlighted the gorgeous fall foliage. The kids did a great job filling their apple bags, then we came back to circle and they all placed one of their apples into a community basket for the classroom so they could make apple sauce and other class projects. It's so cute watching the kids (especially the younger ones) comprehending the "community" basket and the fact that they would h
ave to part with one of t
heir carefully picked apples. I love Wesley's classmates; it's really a great group (and all the parents are pretty great as well.) Wesley's teachers Monique and Sarah have a great job.
No comments:
Post a Comment