We are so fortunate. I know some days I forget that. I can get caught up in all the "downers" in my life, just like the next guy. I try to be positive, but there is the occasional day when faced with yet another household project (ie mess) or stack of bills, that I'm just in a bad mood. It's on these days that I like to drive into Camden, or down the hill to the beach, or really anywhere in our Midcoast area, because I know that I can jump start my "inner happy" with a simple reminder of where we live. We are so fortunate to live in so beautiful an area. Thousands of people flock here each year just to visit and take in the sites and we are lucky enough to take in those same sites whenever we wish. I'm often reminded of it when I take the boys into Camden and we spend hours just playing on the rocks, searching through tide pools, and skipping a few stones. The tall schooner masts form the backdrop when you face one way, and the beautiful groomed harbor park, Camden Public Library, and slope of Mt. Battie set the scene when you turn around. It's incredible and it is definitely one of the many blessings I thank God for each day. So, now, who wants to come for a visit . . . was this enticing enough :)
(For some reason, this slideshow has cut off some of my photos and I can't figure out how to edit them back to the way they were - oh well!)
No comments:
Post a Comment