All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Friday, June 27, 2008

Beating the Heat

Okay, I guess Mother Nature is making up for all the cold and rain she doused us with in June, because now it is hot, hot, hot. Luckily the mornings weren't too bad this past week because soccer camp would have been a nightmare (our time slot was 9 - 10, phew.) But the afternoons have been pretty steamy, perfect beach weather and a great chance to finally get to the beach. I just love that we live so close. When I was a little girl, going to the beach was a big deal. We lived an hour or more from any nice sandy beach, so going to the beach was an all-day affair. Now, I can decide at a moment's notice that it is a good day for the beach and within a few minutes we can be down on the sand enjoying the salty air. I even keep beach chairs, towels, floats, and beach toys in my trunk most of the summer (less packing for this already harried mom.)

Last year was difficult getting to the beach because Preston was at the crawling stage and was prone to eating the sand, or the snails, or whatever he could get into his mouth. It was never a relaxing time for me and I think we only made it to the beach 4 or 5 times the whole summer. This past week we've been 3 times already and I foresee many more beach trips in our future. Unfortunately, even though Preston is past the "eating sand" stage, he still has no problem putting his face right down in the sand. Needless to say, we take a lot of the beach home with us after each visit. So, anyone want to come for a visit?

No comments: