All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Precious Moments

I'm so used to having my boys together, constantly playing tug-o-war with my attention. So, whenever I have some alone time with either of them, I cherish it. It is especially so with Preston, who hasn't had as much alone time with either Steve or I. Today, on Wesley's last day of school, and because it was rainy (and I needed my brakes fixed) we had a rare morning of just the three of us - Steve, Preston, and myself. We went out to breakfast, took care of the brakes, and then took Preston down to the beach in Belfast so he could enjoy a little time with his favorite activity . . . throwing rocks in the water. We were only there for 30 minutes, but even in that short time and even in the cool, misty weather, he couldn't have been happier. Wesley has always been very photogenic (what can I say, we trained him well) but Preston has proved much more elusive and when trying to get pictures of him, I usually end up with closed eyes or the back of his head. He is just too quick. But not today. Today he was so engrossed in the rocks, the shells, the sand, the birds, and the water that I was able to snap, snap, snap away. And I was able to really capture some of the looks that make our "little boo" so special.


No comments: