All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Friday, June 27, 2008

Munchkins Rule

What do you get when you put 10 3-4 year olds on a grassy field with a soccer ball? The cutest and funniest game of soccer you've ever seen. This past week Wesley participated in his first organized soccer camp and it was so much fun (both for Wesley and for me.) The weather was perfect (this was the first week without rain in a while) and Wesley just loved it. It was a YMCA camp, one hour a morning for 5 mornings, so it was enough to get the kids going, but not too much so that they were overtired. Wesley got right into it. They'd spend the first 30 to 40 minutes working on their skills and then they'd spend the last 20 or so minutes scrimmaging each other (which was basically 10 kids chasing the ball around the field.) Each day they ended with a huddle where they'd put their hands in and yell "Munchkins Rule" (this group being the Munchkins.) By the end of the week, it seemed to be sinking in for some of the older kids so the games actually started to resemble games . . . and Wesley even saved two goals while in the goalie net one day (I was so proud.) It was a blast and I got my first taste of what it would be like to be a soccer mom (I could definitely get used to it and heck, I already have the minivan.)


1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love the soccer video with the cute music and photos!! Adorable! :)