All the Hendy boys
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Summertime
Where did it go? We were so spoiled at the end of June and beginning of July. We had almost 4 weeks without a drop of rain. We were at the playground, the beach, swimming at the lake . . . it was a great summer. Then we got to the end of July and the cool weather came in, the rain started to fall, and the sun disappeared. Today was the first time we've seen sunshine in weeks. I hadn't worn shorts in almost a month. That is crazy. It's August, but it felt more like October. I'm optimistic, though. I think we'll get a few more beach days yet. But as of now, the poor weather has held us back from our usual summer activities. We've spent many days indoors or rushing from activity to activity, so I really don't have much to report about. Today was Wesley's last day of swim lessons for the summer, so now we have two weeks with no organized activities - YEAH! However, we do have visitors coming (and not just renters,) so I won't be relaxing for a few more days while I prepare for their arrivals. First, our friends, Marlene & Chad, and their kids, Chad, Jr. and Vinnie are coming for 3 nights. Then, a day after they leave, Aunt Vicki & cousin, Aurora, arrive for a week (+) vacation. And finally, Ute (Aunt Luann) arrives at the end of the month for a week vacation (piggy-backing with Vicki & Rora.) We are going to have a full house, which is just the way we like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment