All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Friday, August 15, 2008

The In Between Moments

Our lives are hectic - surprisingly so. This summer has seen us going from one activity to the next with very little time to stop and regroup. I've spent the majority of my time packing and unpacking the van as we went from swim lessons, to the beach, to sports camps, to the library, to summer camp, to the playground, or even just to hang out with friends. I thought summer was a time for rest and relaxation, but I've done very little of either in the past couple months. I think that is why when I had the opportunity to sit in the backyard with my boys this afternoon, even for just a couple hours, I really treasured it. It was one of those in-between moments. A moment in-between the rushing from here to there, from one activity to the next and it was amazing what that little in-between time was able to do for my spirit.

No comments: