All the Hendy boys
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I'm so Loopy!
I mean this both figuratively and literally. I'm taking a break to write this post. From what, you so intelligently ask? Well, from fashioning 24 foam superhero wristbands for Wesley's big Superhero Training Camp birthday party on Saturday, of course. Now, I know the next question you are thinking is "why?" And that is where the loopyness comes into play (or maybe it is just all the fumes from this velcro glue). Because I'm just that - completely loopy. I'm not trying to win the "mother of the year" award, though I think some of my friends think I am. I'm not trying to win his affection (though the party cancellation idea does work pretty well as blackmail for the few pre-party weeks.) And I'm not glutton for punishment (though even I debate that one on occasion with myself.) Nope, I just like doing it. Really! I do. No matter how much I complain about the work and planning (and expense) especially when due to scheduling conflicts I have to move the party date up a whole week last minute . . . I wouldn't have it any other way. I love coming up with a theme with Wesley. I love researching (and yes, stealing) others ideas from party moms who've planned and lived to blog about it. I love making the invitations and the cakes to go along with the theme. And we really love entertaining our friends since we also consider Wesley's birthday our end of summer picnic. Of course, if I end up in the emergency room from extreme velcro glue inhalation poisoning, then I'll know I've gone too far. For now, however, I'll get back to gluing the velcro, cutting out the foam masks and polyester capes, printing out signs and training manuals, and counting down to what looks to be a hot and happening party on Saturday. And I'll worry about my sanity on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment