I am officially exhausted. My super powers have fizzled, at least for now, and all I want to do is sleep. But of course, the house is a disaster, party remnants, new birthday presents, and leftovers are strewn about. I know I should be cleaning, but all I want to do is decompress (with my feet up) for a day or two and hope that some little cleaning fairy sneaks in while I'm sleeping to rid me of this mess. In the meantime, I'm going to organize the photos from what was Wesley's best party to date (and that is saying something.) It really was a blast. We had perfect weather - comfortably warm but not too hot. All the guests were able to make the party. And the kids really got into the superhero theme, going full gusto with the training activities and then diving into their secret mission to recover their goodie bags. When all the kids arrived they got their training manuals listing the different activities they had to complete to earn their superhero creds. The first was the obstacle course, designed by our own Supergirl (Wesley's 10 year old friend Sarah - who pretty much ran the show). The second was the Grenade Grotto, where the kids had to diffuse (aka pop) all the grenades (balloons) before they were detonated. The next stop was the Gravity Simulator (or bounce house) where they needed to test their leaping/bouncing skills for flight takeoff. And finally, there was the target range where they tested their aim on some famous supervillains - they loved the water balloons. Upon completing each task, they were rewarded with a sticker for their manual. Once the manual had all 4 stickers, they received their superhero costume - mask, cape, & wristbands. All the velcro glue dizziness was worth it when I saw it all come together (thank you for all your sewing Cathy - I would have still been hand stitching the ribbons if not for your sewing machine.) The final "exam" for our new superheroes came when our party "villain" (thanks Dan, you were an incredibly good sport) stole the goodie bags and the new recruits had to hunt him down using their newly acquired skills. Once again Supergirl (and her mom) came to the rescue and devised a great hunt complete with "walkie-talkie" fed clues from "headquarters" that led them straight to the evil mastermind. A chase ensued, but in the end the treats were rescued. It was so much fun to watch (and film.) The party food was yummy as always, the cake was my favorite yet, Wesley was thrilled with all of his birthday gifts. To top off the day, we set up the slip and slide on the hill, put the kiddie slide at the top, poured soapy water down the slide, and let the kids take turns slipping and sliding for the remainder of the afternoon. I'm not sure, but that might have been the most fun. Everything about the day was fantastic, and it wasn't until I finally sat down next to the fire at around 9 pm that I realized how truly exhausted I was. The clean-up can wait another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment