Wesley attended a birthday party for his little girlfriend, Nina today. It was an outdoor "mud" party (perfect for a drizzly April day) to play on Nina's new treehouse. In honor of the treehouse, the guest
s were asked to make any gifts for Nina"treehousey." I loved this idea. I thought a nice
wind chime or wind bell would be nice, so we picked a cute hummingbird bell at the Green Store the day before the party. Wesley, however, was adamant that he wanted to build something with Daddy for the party. So, the morning of the party, Steve and Wesley disappeared in the early morning, off to build the perfect treehouse gift. I thought they were going to fashion a small tool or table out of some of our milled pine boards (from our 3 big trees that we had cut a few years ago), but apparently Wesley had other ideas. He wanted to build Nina a birdhouse . . . and that is what they did. However, when Steve told me this I thought it would just be a small little birdhouse (nothing fancy.) I had no idea that it would end up being the most fantastic birdhouse I've ever seen (I was actually sad that we were giving it away.) Wesley was so proud showing it off to everyone and it was Nina's favorite gift of the day. I had to include a picture because they really did an amazing job.
No comments:
Post a Comment