All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Face Time for Preston

With Wesley's 4th birthday and all the school stuff, I feel like our baby boy hasn't been getting a whole lot of blog-attention lately. So this entry is completely devoted to our littlest Henderson. What can I say about this little guy. He is something else. He has so much personality now that he is a joy to be with every day. Unfortunately, our nights are still not that much fun and I don't even think I can remember what a good night's sleep feels like anymore - so really, I don't know what I'm missing. And those big brown eyes turn me into putty, so it's hard to be upset about my lack of sleep. But daytime is a whole other story. He is such a happy guy . . . unless he is hungry, tired, or is being picked on by the Great Antagonizer (aka, big brother, Wesley.) Now that he has mastered crawling, he's really been focusing on standing from a squatting position, standing by himself without holding on, and cruising around on the furniture. We all feel that it is only a matter of time before he starts walking by himself. I'll actually be surprised if he is not walking by his first birthday, which is , only about a month away. Can it be that an entire year has passed since this little guy melted our hearts? He reminds me a lot of Wesley when he was this age, and yet, I don't think they look that much alike. He loves to eat and has been trying lots of new foods. I try to give him whatever we are eating and most of the time he is very agreeable to that. His favorites, though, are grapes (cut up, of course,) pirate booty, potatoes, goldfish crackers, bananas, and our garden carrots. He's also become a great communicator and social butterfly. He loves to laugh and if anyone in the room starts to laugh, he joins in, even if "what's so funny" escapes him. He's been pointing at everything lately and with that comes a little "what" comment (or at least it sounds a little like "what",) so we've been doing lots of labeling for him and hopefully this will lead to talking. He loves to play peek-a-boo, patty cake, and chase. He's a great dancer and can't help himself whenever he hears music. And he loves to play with his big brother. Unfortunately, Big Brother is not always in the mood to oblige. However, when they do play together, it is the best thing any mom can witness, so I savor those moments because I know before long my littlest baby is going to be all grown up.

No comments: