It's Friday the 13th, but who cares. It's also the day before Valentine's Day and
what did we do today? I got to go to school . . . with Wesley, that is. It seems that his assistant teacher left a day early for vacation, so his teacher, Monique needed a little extra help in the classroom. Yeah for me. And it just so happens that today was the class Valentine's party. I love helping in Wesley's class. I know all the kids, and they all know me, so I'm very comfortable. It affords me the opportunity to obse
rve and learn the Montessori, which will be especially useful if I'm homeschooling next year. The Valentine party in a Montessori classroom isn't quite as "party-like" as one might think. It basically consists of a very organized Valentine exchange right after first circle followed by the children taking turns making bead necklaces with Monique which they will later give to one of their friends (whose name they've drawn) at second circle. The children had snack at the snack table and did their works just like other days, but there was definitely a pre-vacation/Valentine's day excitement in the air. And on a couple of occasions the kids got a little rowdier than usual, but it was all in good fun and it was a great morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment