All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Few Test Runs

So, Steve's team made the finals at the toboggan races this year, and I guess being that close to the championship trophy (though we don't officially know how close they got to winning that little wooden toboggan - 75 teams make the finals) gave them that extra winning motivation for next year. That extra motivation is what got us all out to the toboggan chute this afternoon for a few practice runs. George, one of Steve's teammates, wanted to try out a new wax on the bottom of the toboggan. And as luck would have it, we were the only ones out at the chute, so we were able to try multiple runs, which meant that both Wesley and I got to take a ride down the chute. I certainly won't bore you with my ride (though it was my first and it was a blast . . . I think I'd definitely like to do it again), but it was pretty fun watching Wesley & Steve go down together. The two videos show the difference between an unwaxed toboggan and a waxed toboggan.

No comments: