Sleeping in
"Sleeping in" is certainly not a term used often when you are the parents of two young children. It's more wishful thinking than reality. However this morning, Steve and I were granted a very special treat. At 6:30 this Preston awoke prompting Steve and I to play the game "who can pretend to be asleep better and who'll cave in first." I wa
s putting on a pretty good "fake sleep" and was soaking up as much of the warm flannel sheets and comfy mattress as I could, knowing that inevitably I would be forced out of bed. And then something wonderful happened. Wesley came to the rescue. He came into the room, helped Preston down from the bed, and the two of them went off to play - for a whole hour. I don't think I fell back into a deep sleep because I could hear the laughter and the coaxing big brother voice of Wesley saying things like, "do you want to use the potty, Bud?" or "do you want to jump on the bed, Bud?" or "I'll help you, Bud." When I finally got out of bed (an hour later) I found a bare butt Preston jumping on the floor mattress in Wesley's room, empty packages of "squishy treats" in the trash, books all over the living room floor, and two very happy, laughing kids. What a special Saturday morning. Thanks for that for being such a great big brother, Wesley. We are very proud of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment