All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Our Poor Little Bugger

After 4 1/2 years with kids in our house, we've fallen victim to our first official ear infection. Little Preston has been suffering with a croupy cough, horrible nasal congestion, and low grade fevers for about a week now. I feel like a horrible mother because he's had to suffer this long, but in our defense, he would seem better one day, only to get worse again the next day. We actually thought he was getting better until approximately a week after he first awoke with his cough, I found he had another low grade fever. The next day I had him in the doctor's office and he was diagnosed with an ear infection. Prior to that visit, my kids had only ever seen their doctor for well visits, so this was very new to us. I've always been very wary about using antibiotics, knowing that overuse can lead to more bad than good. However, after a week of misery and sleepless nights, we were ready to get rid of this. Dr. Anderson helped by reassuring me that since this was Preston's first round of antibiotics, we needn't worry that they would harm him in the long run. And after just a few days, I'm definitely convinced. There is no longer green snot running from my baby's nose. He's no longer snoring at night . . . and is, in fact, sleeping. And the cough is gone. Not to mention, he is a much happier little boy - and that makes us all happy.

No comments: