Last night we had a thunderstorm. I mean, it was a real doozy. The weather channel radar was a mass of green with huge blotches of red and yellow. There was lightning every few seconds, followed by a cacophony of thunderous rumbles. Steve and I witnessed one similar almost 10 years ago while we were living in Key West in the Spring of 1998. It was a lot of the same and we went out near the beach and just sat in the car quietly watching the storm over the ocean. I am awestruck by thunderstorms. What an incredible display of the awesomeness of God and nature. Regular rain is such a drag. I'd rather endure God's glorious lightshow with heavy downpours of rain that come in, wash the landscape, and are gone before they become a nuisance, leaving everything fresh and clean in its wake. Last night, shortly after the storm began, a loud boom woke up Preston. I took him from his crib to calm him down and just sat in the rocking chair by our window watching the storm and rocking him back to sleep. I could feel him slowly relax in my arms and drift off and I was reminded how precious each moment is in our lives. I only sat there about 15 minutes, but it was a quiet, reflective fifteen minutes where I just got to hold my baby with nothing stealing the moments from me. I really needed that!
No comments:
Post a Comment