How c
an this be? How can my little
pumpkin, a mere 2 1/2 have just come home from his first day of school. He's just too little, right? Wesley didn't go to school until he turned 4. What is Preston doing starting school 2 months shy of his 3rd birthday? I didn't think I would be ready for this, but surprisingly I am. He actually made it very easy. All I had to see was the giant smile on his face and his excitement about going to "my cool" and everything else just melted away. He was so proud going to open house yesterday - putting his picture in his cubby, placing his slippers in their slot, putting his extra clothes in the basket with his name on it, and finding his coat rack. He was also excited to explore his new space, checking out all the works. This was expected. Wesley was excited about open house but was a little clingy when it came to saying goodbye during phase-in week. Preston wasn't like that at all. He gave me a big hug, a kiss, a giant smile, and waved a happy goodbye as he took his teacher, Sarah's hand and walked onto the playground. No tears, no looking back, nothing! It was very humbling, but it also made me very proud. He couldn't be in a better school. I know that he is in
good hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment