All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Friday, June 26, 2009

Soccer Camp

Despite the rain and being stuck inside at the gym 4 out of the 5 camp days, Wesley enjoyed his second summer soccer camp. This year he was really into, asking for shin guards and soccer socks two weeks prior to camp (and then wearing them daily until camp started - and yes, I washed them when I could.) I was truly amazed at the difference one year makes. He was in the older group this year. Last year he was with all 4 year olds which meant there was a lot of standing around, especially when they were playing a game. This year, the kids seemed more coordinated, more confident, and actually ran around the field chasing the ball (which made it much more enjoyable to watch.) Wesley even scored a couple of goals in the 10 minute scrimmages they played at the end of each session. And to top things off, the kids got to spend their last day playing on actual grass. Wes thought it was "so awesome" and I captured a few of those "awesome" moments in the photos and video below. He's a Beckham in the making.


No comments: