All the Hendy boys
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Too Many Snuggles?
I was just reading one of my parenting magazines recently and came across an article about how to survive the winter with kids without getting sick. It was your basic article on fighting germs and sanitizing yourself and your home during cold and flu season. But there was one piece of advice that completely floored me. The author of the article actually suggested that when your child is sick you should stay away from them and limit hugs and snuggles to a minimum. WHAT? I'm all for staying healthy, I mean, who likes being sick really. However, I draw the line at not comforting my children when they are feeling lousy. I can't imagine not snuggling with my children during those sick moments. It's actually one of the things that I cherish about when my kids are sick. Kind of like making lemonade out of lemons. It's horrible having sick children, both for you and for them, but I would never miss the opportunity to snuggle with my boys. It's actually one of the only times I can get them to sit still long enough. I would much rather pump myself full of vitamin C, Airborne, and even suffer my own illness than deprive my kids of the comfort they need when they are feeling the worst. I usually love the ideas and advice I get from Parents, but that one definitely made me wonder what kind of parent would write an article with that advice - hmmm? Maybe a "parent" without any children?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment