All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Monday, December 22, 2008

Blizzard

Nothing like packing to travel during a blizzard. Yes, we are actually having a classified blizzard. I've seen many Nor'easters in my time, but I have to say this is my first official "blizzard." Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference. I was a little worried that we might lose power, but that never happened (which is a very good thing, since our current tenants would have been without heat) and I was able to finish packing by this morning. We weren't plowed out until almost 10 this morning, which kiboshed our plans of early morning travel (yeah, like that would have happened anyway) and we didn't get on the road until almost 3. Poor Steve had the lucky job of digging us a path to the van and then loading it up in the freezing and cold . . . and boy, was it cold. I think the wind chill had the temps in single digits. It was a beautiful ride, however, and we made it safely to our destination stopping point here in Danbury, CT. Now we are off for a quick dip in the pool before getting a good night's sleep - we have a very long drive tomorrow.

No comments: