All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Long Awaited Break

Harry Potter is done. And I'm a huge fan. I just finished the last book yesterday and while it was fabulous and all that I could have hoped for, I can't help feeling a little bit (okay, a lot) sad. I had pre-ordered my copy so that it was delivered on Saturday when it was released, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to open it up until that evening around 7:30 because that was the day we were frantically cleaning and preparing for guests in the rental. There were still some finish jobs in the bathroom, so being the procrastinators that we are, we were hurrying and scurrying around all day on Saturday. The boys didn't know what to do with themselves. But luckily, we finished in time, our guests are checked in and now all we'll have to worry about are cleanings and check-ins on Saturdays. It really feels like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. And our guests seem very pleased with everything. Phew!!!

So, to reward ourselves for FINALLY being done, after church on Sunday we went out for lunch at a new restaurant in town (with fabulous soup, sandwiches, and desserts - Ute, I think you'll just love it.) Then, because it was such a beautiful day, we took a two-hour boat ride around Rockland Harbor with a group from my
girlfriend, Becky's church. Thanks again for inviting us, Beck! It was just what we needed. Of course, all that fun didn't leave me a lot of time for reading, but I still managed to finish the book in less than 48 hours. Not too shabby! The cutest part was that when I first opened my book and started reading, Wesley grabbed my copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, sat on the other couch and pretended to read with me, constantly saying, "I'm reading my Harry Potter, too, Mom." So, since that night, he and I have started reading the book together. Instead of picture books at bedtime, I read him a chapter from the book every night. It's really made bedtimes much easier. Anyway, now the series is finished and while I'm very pleased with the ending, I can't help wishing that it would just go on and on. Guess I'll just have to keep reading them over and over again.

No comments: