All the Hendy boys

All the Hendy boys

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer's Here

Okay, I'm sure for most of you, this is old news. Most of you have been enjoying summer for at least a month now, if not more. However, believe it or not, it only now feels like summer has started for us. We just had our first "official" renters of the summer, so now that that we are finished in the rental and have tenants for the next five weeks, we actually feel like we can finally kick back and enjoy the summer. All within the last week, we went to the beach, swimming, and to the playground, activities that during any other summer we would have enjoyed on numerous occasions prior to now, but are only just having the chance to do this summer. It is crazy. We weren't really even at the beach for that long - usually we stay several hours - because as was expected, Preston spent all his time trying to ingest the beach sand and any other shoreline goodies he could get his hands on. Looking at the calendar, I'm realizing that it is already July 29 - wow, I guess we missed more summer than I originally thought. Guess we really need to make up for lost time. Of course, the weather has also started cooperating. Just this past week we had 3 days in the 90s and it looks like we are going to get many more 80 degree days this week. The "slip and slide" really came in handy (even though Wesley neither slips nor slides on it and prefers to just play in the shallow pool at the end.) And it is a good thing that we filled Wes and PJs new pool that Papa bought for them so that it can have some use before the summer is over. I really do love the summer and am upset that we let so much of it slip by unnoticed, especially since it is Preston's first. It's moments like this that I am reminded of how fleeting life really is.

No comments: