e how people change from year to year. We send a photo card every year (have since Wesley was born) and our family looks forward to (ok, I look forward to) coming up with a really great photo from year to year. The background can be almost anything. The only rule is that it is of the whole family. My mom has a friend from years and years ago (I remember her from when I was a little girl) who moved to Florida with her family and they've somewhat lost contact. However, every year my mom receives a photo Christmas card of her and her whole family. It is so neat to see that old friend, to see the subtle changes to the woman I once remember, and to see all the blessings in her life. I love that. While looking at our Christmas cards this year, I'm pleased to say that the majority of them were either photo cards or at least had a photo enclosed. I think I counted approximately 25 of them. Unfortunately, out of all those cards, we only received one that had the entire family in the picture. Now don't get me wrong, I love all my friends children - it has been truly wonderful watching my friends (some who I've known since kindergarten) starting their own families. Wesley and Preston are fortunate to be playmates of many of them. However, some of my friends I don't get to see as often and, like my mom's girlfriend, it would be nice to see the subtle changes that I've been missing in our time away from one another. Our children are the most important people in our lives, and while some may argue that "Christmas is for the kids," it is also, more importantly, about family. We are sharing in the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and in that very special moment, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus became a family. So, I do hope in future years to see the faces of my friends, and their families, donning the fronts of their Christmas cards . . . plus, it would save me from having to constantly answer my mother's questions of "who's that?" as she peruses my Christmas cards. Okay, I'm done rambling. Now back to un-decorating.
All the Hendy boys
Monday, January 21, 2008
Christmas Cards
I love Christmas cards. I was reminded of this once again while putting away my Christmas decorations. I like to pack away the Christmas cards when I put away the decorations so that when we pull them out to decorate the following year, I can look through them once more and remember who sent us holiday greetings the year before. I love the messages of Peace and Goodwill. I love homemade cards and I especially love the photo Christmas cards, as it is so much fun to se
e how people change from year to year. We send a photo card every year (have since Wesley was born) and our family looks forward to (ok, I look forward to) coming up with a really great photo from year to year. The background can be almost anything. The only rule is that it is of the whole family. My mom has a friend from years and years ago (I remember her from when I was a little girl) who moved to Florida with her family and they've somewhat lost contact. However, every year my mom receives a photo Christmas card of her and her whole family. It is so neat to see that old friend, to see the subtle changes to the woman I once remember, and to see all the blessings in her life. I love that. While looking at our Christmas cards this year, I'm pleased to say that the majority of them were either photo cards or at least had a photo enclosed. I think I counted approximately 25 of them. Unfortunately, out of all those cards, we only received one that had the entire family in the picture. Now don't get me wrong, I love all my friends children - it has been truly wonderful watching my friends (some who I've known since kindergarten) starting their own families. Wesley and Preston are fortunate to be playmates of many of them. However, some of my friends I don't get to see as often and, like my mom's girlfriend, it would be nice to see the subtle changes that I've been missing in our time away from one another. Our children are the most important people in our lives, and while some may argue that "Christmas is for the kids," it is also, more importantly, about family. We are sharing in the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and in that very special moment, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus became a family. So, I do hope in future years to see the faces of my friends, and their families, donning the fronts of their Christmas cards . . . plus, it would save me from having to constantly answer my mother's questions of "who's that?" as she peruses my Christmas cards. Okay, I'm done rambling. Now back to un-decorating.
e how people change from year to year. We send a photo card every year (have since Wesley was born) and our family looks forward to (ok, I look forward to) coming up with a really great photo from year to year. The background can be almost anything. The only rule is that it is of the whole family. My mom has a friend from years and years ago (I remember her from when I was a little girl) who moved to Florida with her family and they've somewhat lost contact. However, every year my mom receives a photo Christmas card of her and her whole family. It is so neat to see that old friend, to see the subtle changes to the woman I once remember, and to see all the blessings in her life. I love that. While looking at our Christmas cards this year, I'm pleased to say that the majority of them were either photo cards or at least had a photo enclosed. I think I counted approximately 25 of them. Unfortunately, out of all those cards, we only received one that had the entire family in the picture. Now don't get me wrong, I love all my friends children - it has been truly wonderful watching my friends (some who I've known since kindergarten) starting their own families. Wesley and Preston are fortunate to be playmates of many of them. However, some of my friends I don't get to see as often and, like my mom's girlfriend, it would be nice to see the subtle changes that I've been missing in our time away from one another. Our children are the most important people in our lives, and while some may argue that "Christmas is for the kids," it is also, more importantly, about family. We are sharing in the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and in that very special moment, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus became a family. So, I do hope in future years to see the faces of my friends, and their families, donning the fronts of their Christmas cards . . . plus, it would save me from having to constantly answer my mother's questions of "who's that?" as she peruses my Christmas cards. Okay, I'm done rambling. Now back to un-decorating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment